Florida Decides Healthcare is seeking a passionate, experienced, and dedicated Organizing Director to lead our volunteer program and grassroots efforts. The Organizing Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive volunteer engagement strategy, coordinating grassroots activities, and building strong relationships with community organizations and leaders. This position requires strategic thinking, hands-on implementation, and a deep commitment to the campaign’s mission to secure affordable and quality healthcare for over 1.3 million Floridians through a citizen initiative to amend Florida’s Constitution to expand Medicaid.
- Design and implement a comprehensive statewide volunteer program focused on circulating and signing Florida Decides Healthcare’s ballot initiative petition for Medicaid expansion.
- Lead and convene a coalition of stakeholders around the goal of Medicaid expansion through monthly meetings and volunteer events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community organizations, unions, local leaders, directly impacted people and other groups who might support the campaign.
- Identify, recruit, and manage volunteers from across the state, leveraging experience in volunteer coordination.
- Train volunteers on the goals of the campaign, the issue of Medicaid expansion, and the best practices for circulating a petition.
- Develop strategic plans for outreach, continuously evaluating and adjusting strategies based on performance.
- Track the progress of the volunteer program and report on key metrics, including the number of volunteers, hours worked, and signatures gathered.
- Organize and host events to recruit volunteers, spread awareness about the campaign, and collect signatures.
- Ensure the campaign’s volunteer program is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Advocate for the importance of the Medicaid expansion and encourage others to get involved.
- Manage the budget allocated to the volunteer and grassroots program, including budget planning, resource allocation, expense tracking and reporting, and adjusting budget plans as needed.
- Support fundraising efforts and ensure all budgeting and spending complies with campaign finance laws and regulations.
- 3-5 years prior experience in organizing or campaign management, preferably with volunteer coordination.
- Proven experience in recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Strong coalition-building skills, with experience bringing together diverse groups towards a common goal.
- Proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to strategize and plan effectively.
- Experience with data management and reporting.
$7,000-$7,500 per month
Estimated Start Date
September 1, 2023
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Organizing Director Application – [Your Name]” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.